Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...
It's springtime. Our high will be near 80°. I can see the new arbor. We haven't had a chance to finish the fence or attach the arbor yet because it has been rainy, but today is sunny and pretty.

I am thankful...
my endocrinologist said the lab results showed that my synthroid dosage is exactly where is should be now, a year after having had the radioactive iodine treatment of my hyperthyroidism.

I am wearing...
a green nightgown.

I am remembering...
springtime in the Ozarks, when the redbud and dogwood trees are blooming against a background of woods just beginning to get that hazy, pale green color.

I am going...
to Mom's, to the grocery store (maybe).

I am reading...
a library book, When The Finch Rises, by Jack Riggs.

On my mind...
my grandchildren.

From the learning rooms...
we may go on a nature walk.

Pondering these words...
"I was thinking about my house."

Mom said that yesterday when I was there. She was remembering that she had painted one wall of her bedroom blue, and wondering if the woman who bought the house liked it.

I'm trying to imagine what it must be like for her to have made such a radical change in her life after so many years. It has to be hard.

She is sometimes wistful about her former life in Kansas, missing her house and neighborhood, but she does see the advantages of not having to take care of a house and yard, and not having the expenses involved in that.

From the kitchen....

I need to go grocery shopping. The only meat in the freezer is hamburger, and I don't want anything from hamburger today.

Around the house...
yard clean-up this afternoon.

One of my favorite things...
daydreaming.

From my picture album...

This is what I remember. So pretty!

Visit Peggy's site to read more daybooks.






Photo Credit

No comments: