Saturday, March 6, 2010

Saturday Summary

Had a good Saturday.

Reece and Aubrey were here in the morning, being cute and sweet. Reece wasn't feeling very well, and was much quieter than usual. Ron noted that when Reece is calm and quiet, so is Aubrey. :o)

I didn't take them with me to Gran's because I thought he needed to be with his parents. He didn't object to going home.

Mom and I worked on trimming back her ferns. We also moved them to bigger pots. I hope they will come back out again. The flowers we planted yesterday for her patio looked so pretty and perky today.

In the late afternoon I got to be with some of my favorite people while I learned to shoot my pistol. Ron, Josh and I drove over to Kelly and Mike's, and they took us to a shooting range near their house where they go to practice shooting. It was super crowded (and noisy), but I really enjoyed it.

I was a little nervous about shooting, but once I did it the nervousness disappeared. I think I did pretty good for the first time ever shooting a pistol. I even made a bullseye! :o) If I ever have to shoot a crazed intruder though, he will have to stop in the doorway while I take a minute to get him in my sights. Ha! I guess I'll get faster at aiming with some practice. Mike, Kelly and Ron were good teachers. Thanks guys (and girl)!

Josh bought a gun at the same time I did, and he enjoyed practicing with his, too. He has more talent for shooting than I do. We were both surprised at how quickly the ammunition gets used up.

After shooting we went to eat at an Asian restaurant the kids like. It was good. I had pad thai and brought most of it home with me. It was even better when I finished it tonight.

We didn't get home until almost 7 PM, and the puppies were hungry and glad to see us.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Yay! Pistol packin' Mama! :)

Need to do it again sometime in a private bay so all the yahoos don't get in our way and slow us down. Hehe.

Kalona said...

Yes, I want to go again. It was fun!