Monday, March 15, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...
It's foggy this morning. Our mountain laurel is beginning to bloom; I love the big purple clusters of flowers. I can see the puppies in their dog yard. Sister saw me looking out the upstairs window, and Kate can't figure out why Sister keeps looking up.

I am thankful...
for warm spring days.

I am wearing...
denim capris, a green t-shirt.

I am remembering...
to put out the recycle bin.

I am going...
I may go shopping for some short sleeved shirts after I visit Mom. Then I'm going to make up the beds in the spare bedrooms. Jason and his family will be here tonight.

I am reading...
nothing interesting at the moment.

On my mind...
the next few weeks, which will be very busy. Spring break visitors this week, my youngest sister from Kansas will be here next week, and then we're going to the coast for a week with all the kids and grandkids.

From the learning rooms...
we may finally get around to building that beaver dam this week.

Pondering these words...
Make us know the shortness of our life
that we may gain wisdom of heart.
Lord, relent! Is your anger for ever?
Show pity to your servants.

In the morning, fill us with your love;
we shall exult and rejoice all our days.
Give us joy to balance our affliction
for the years when we knew misfortune.

Show forth your work to your servants;
let your glory shine on their children.
Let the favor of the Lord be upon us:
give success to the work of our hands,
give success to the work of our hands.


From today's morning prayer, part of Psalm 90.

From the kitchen....
I'm having frozen waffles for breakfast. Need to make a menu plan for the week since the grandkids will all be here.

Around the house...
vacuuming, dusting, making up beds, some laundry.

One of my favorite things...
little kids with freckles.

From my picture album...


"The year's at the spring
And day's at the morn;
Morning's at seven;
The hillside's dew-pearled;
The lark's on the wing;
The snail's on the thorn;
God's in His heaven -
All's right with the world!"
- Robert Browning






Happy March!

1 comment:

Sarah Oldham said...

Just catching up again after all the stuff going on in my life.
I'm blogging here now:

http://prayer4thejourney.wordpress.com

God bless you!