Saturday, February 27, 2010

UP

Praying for all who might be affected by the earthquake in Chile, and those in the paths of the tsunamis generated by it. Sarah, hope you and your family are safely on higher ground right now! *edit* Sarah, I just saw your post that you are not leaving Ford Island. You'll probably be fine on that side of Oahu, but I'll pray anyway.

Reece and Aubrey spent the night with us last night. We spent a lot of yesterday evening watching the movie UP, over and over again. Reece loves it! I had the DVD but hadn't watched it yet, so I watched it with him. I thought it was a wonderful movie, and understand why Reece likes it so much. He has been watching it at his house, and knew what would happen next, so sometimes he would tell me ahead of time what was coming up. :o)

He seems to associate the characters of the old couple with me and his Papa, and he did seem a little worried when Elle got sick and died. He kept asking me, "Where's Gramma?" I told him that she was probably in heaven waiting for Mr. Frederickson and that it would be okay. He didn't cry, but he snuggled real close. I don't think he quite understands about death.

I didn't take Reece and Aubrey with me to Gran's, but took them home as they were both a bit cranky this morning. It's such a beautiful day, but Mom was sleeping when I arrived. That's been the pattern for quite awhile now. She gets up fairly early, but goes back to sleep on the couch with Teddy, sleeping until I arrive, usually around noon. I encouraged her to get dressed and go with me to walk Teddy, and she did. She enjoyed being outside in the sunshine, getting a little exercise and making Teddy happy.

Not sure what we'll do this afternoon. Ron is talking about getting the fencing to fence in our side yard for the puppies. They are not going to be happy about that, but they'll still have lots of room. And maybe it will save our yard.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: