Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Tuesday Daybook

Outside my window...
a clear, bright, blue-sky day. It's cold now, but will warm up to around 60° this afternoon.

I am thankful...
for 60° weather in mid-February.

I am wearing...
jeans, black socks, a black v-neck long-sleeved t-shirt.

I am remembering...
Psalm 51. 10, the way we would sing it as Missouri Synod Lutherans during the liturgy just before the offering. I loved it then, and I still do. The music and words often come to me during the day. It's very appropriate for Lent.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and uphold me with your free Spirit.

As Catholics we know Psalm 51 as the Miserere and the entire Psalm is sung or recited on Fridays during Morning Prayer.

I am going...
I was up early, took Ron to work so that I could keep the car, stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few things for Mom, then went to her apartment to get Teddy, who is being groomed today and had to be there at 8:30 AM. I got some doughnuts to share with Mom for breakfast. It is Fat Tuesday! Not the best breakfast for diabetic me, but I won't do it again for at least 40 days. :o)

I am reading...
A chapter from The Puppy Whisperer. I'm working with the puppy girls on heeling and walking on the leash without pulling.

On my mind...
Ron's friend and former co-worker, Mr. Hyde. He retired several years ago, and has been in poor health since then. He is in the hospital. His kidneys are failing; dialysis did not help. Today he is going into hospice care. Please pray for him and his family.

From the learning rooms...
this month the focus is on love--loving God, loving others, the Works of Mercy, the Good Samaritan. We'll also learn about sequencing and sorting by size, smaller than and larger than.

Pondering these words...
From the Catechism of the Catholic Church:
The seasons and days of penance in the course of the liturgical year (Lent, and each Friday in memory of the death of the Lord) are intense moments of the Church's penitential practice. These times are particularly appropriate for spiritual exercises, penitential liturgies, pilgrimages as signs of penance, voluntary self-denial such as fasting and almsgiving, and fraternal sharing (charitable and missionary works).

From the kitchen....
a chicken in the crockpot. We will have it for dinner tonight, with potatoes and some kind of veggie.

Around the house...
housework to be done.

One of my favorite things...
a ruby red dawn.

From my picture album...

These pretty earrings are in my daughter's Etsy shop, Biologie. They are called Gathering Moss and are part of her Mother Earth collection. The green stones she used are moss jasper or serpentine stone, similar to the Russian Serpentine beads I used in my Panama City Beach bracelet. The headpins and bead caps are sterling silver.

You can see more of her lovely jewelry at Biologie by clicking the link, or you can click on the Biologie logo at the top of my sidebar.

Please visit Peggy to read more daybooks!

No comments: