Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Valentines

Ron gave me this beautiful bouquet of roses and hydrangea this morning. They are so pretty and fragrant.

He also got some for my mom. She was absolutely delighted. She loves to get flowers. How many men get flowers for their mothers-in-law? He's a sweetheart.

Father Kloster was the priest for the Latin Mass today, and the schola was there to chant. Mass was beautiful, and I spent a lot of time thinking about how the angels and saints are also there, worshipping God right along with us. Awesome!


The gospel was the story of the man who was born blind and cried out to Jesus to be healed.

A note in my missal says that the man born blind "...is surely the human race. Ever since man has been turned

out of Paradise in the person of our first father, he has not known the light of heaven, and therefore has suffered through being plunged into the darkness of condemnation."

We took Mom to lunch after Mass. In the afternoon, we kept Reece and Aubrey while Josh and Cyrise (and Camryn) went out to eat for Valentine's Day.

Reece came in and said, "Happy Valentines, Gramma!" :o)

I gave them each little heart-shaped boxes of chocolate, a valentine and a coloring book.

It was a beautiful day until around 5:30 PM, when a cold front came through. There was lots of wind. It made a moaning sound in the chimney, and the kids looked at me with big eyes and asked, "What was that?"

And it got cold again. :o(







But while it was nice, we went outside and I tried to get some pictures.

Aubrey's face is beautiful, even with a scratch on her cheek.

She needs a haircut. I think she would look cute with a pixie cut.

They both had sleepy eyes, and later Aubrey took a short nap.













Reece didn't really want me to take his picture.

In the next one, he was showing me how to howl like a wolf.




I wanted some full length shots of Aubrey in her little corduroy overalls. I just love little kids in overalls, and she looked so cute!















She's a little clown.

It was a lovely Saint Valentine's Day. I hope your day was beautiful, too!

No comments: