Monday, February 22, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...
a few clouds in a blue sky. The live oak leaves are beginning to turn that yellowish brown color they get before they are pushed off by the new green leaves. We have lots of leaves on the ground in the spring, rather than in the fall.

I am thankful...
for Ron, who loves me even when I'm mean.

I am wearing...
jeans and a black smock top.

I am remembering...
ski trips.

I am going...
to the grocery store, Mom's, maybe to get my hair cut.

I am reading...
Walden. Having a hard time staying with it.

On my mind...
wondering if Miss Aubrey has a pixie hair cut today. We watched the kids for a little while yesterday afternoon while their parents went out to eat. After they picked the kids up they were headed for Cool Cuts.

From the learning rooms...
in addition to our regular lesson plan book, we've been using a little preschool workbook I bought a couple of months ago. This week's lesson theme is forest animals. Some of the activities include gluing and coloring a forest scene, making animal tracks with plastic toy animals on paper, building a beaver dam, making a paper bowl turtle, looking at leaves, rocks, bugs, etc. with a magnifying glass, taking a nature hike, and making a nature collage. And of course books, little games and songs about animals. Since Reece is not here every day, it usually takes us a couple of weeks to do each lesson, and we still don't always get everything done.

Pondering these words...
How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.
Henry David Thoreau

From the kitchen....
Special K with red berries for breakfast.

Around the house...
washing sheets and towels, vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms.

One of my favorite things...
hoot owls hooting in our back yard.

From my picture album...

This is an internet picture of Walden Pond.

Wouldn't it be lovely to live in a cabin in the woods?

Please visit Peggy to read the daybooks of other bloggers, or to share your daybook.

No comments: