Sunday, February 28, 2010

I Love Sundays

We had such a nice Sunday. We met Kelly for lunch after Mass. Then Ron took Gran home while Kel and I went to a bead show. We both enjoy looking at all the different kinds of beads. She got some pretty beads, and I got a pendant and a bracelet made of bone beads from Nepal. I'll make the pendant into a necklace, but may leave the bone beads as they are. Or I might take the bracelet apart and use the beads in a design of my own.

We came back to the house after the bead show. Kelly played with the puppies for a bit, and looked at where we are putting up a simple wire fence to keep them contained. She and Mike fenced off a portion of their yard for a garden last year, and we are using the same idea for a sort of "dog yard" for the puppies. We plan to get a metal gated arbor for the gate. The puppies will still have plenty of room, but won't have total access to the whole yard. They can still play in the yard when we are out there with them, will eat on the patio and potty in the usual places, but they won't be allowed to be out there without supervision unless they are in their own "dog yard." We're hoping it will save our yard, which they are destroying bit by bit.

Kelly and I went over to Bath and Body Works where she took advantage of their sale on hand cleaners and wallflowers, then we went to Target for socks for me. She found a cute engineer's cap and a pair of striped tights, and bought a bottle of wine. I got the same wine since she said it was her favorite chardonnay. And socks with dragonflies. :o)

We didn't really do anything special, but it's fun to spend time with Kel, no matter what we do.

No comments: