Saturday, February 6, 2010

Saturday Summary

Ron and I enjoyed having Reece and Aubrey here last night. They are so much fun! Aubrey is talking more and more, and tries to imitate almost everything Reece says or does, including the stuff we would rather she not imitate. :o)

He accidentally shut the door on her fingers at Great Gran's today. Fortunately he didn't close it very hard. They were playing on the patio, and coming in and out. Aubrey cried hard for a minute, then stopped when I ran cold water on her fingers and kissed them over and over. When I put her down, she headed right back to the patio to play again. Great Gran said that she sure is a tough little girl.

I finally gave up looking for bookcases at thrift and consignment stores. Ron and I went to WalMart this afternoon to buy a couple of inexpensive bookcases. Cyrise went through all of the kids toys, sorting them into a dozen plastic boxes I got at WalMart ($1.50 each) last week. We will put the bookcases in their closets to hold the boxes of toys. They'll have much more room to play in their room with all the toys organized and put in the closets.

While I was looking for bookcases, I did find this neat print at the hotel outlet store. They had marked everything down 50%, so the picture was $25 instead of $50. I think the frame alone is worth more than $25. But the picture is what I really love. Above the garden gate, carved into the stone, is the Latin word "Resurgam," which means "I shall rise again." The artist is Cyrus Afsary, and the painting is from his "Mission" collection. On some sites the painting is identified as "Resurgam," and on others, "Flowered Doorway." I prefer "Resurgam." :o)

I spent over an hour yesterday afternoon cleaning the yard and patio. The puppies absolutely ruined our little fan palm tree--it's just a fuzzy stump now. I raked up all the debris and threw it away, picked up all the rocks and logs that they scattered around the yard, and scooped poop. Then I put them inside and blew the patio clean with my handy-dandy leaf blower. When I finished, they ran all over the yard, going everywhere I had been to see what I had done. I gave them each a rawhide bone to chew, and they spent the rest of the day chewing on them and guarding them from each other. :o)

I was out there with them again today, reviewing their training with them and playing with them. They are so pretty, and very loving little dogs. While I was outside, Jason called and talked to his dad for awhile, then I talked to him. Ron got a new computer, and I think they were talking about that.

I took a long nap late this afternoon and didn't wake up until 7 PM.

1 comment:

Linda said...

That's a great print. I think it would look great anywhere. What a treasure!