Monday, February 8, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...
dark gray skies, rain. There are thunderstorms in the forecast. It's 61°.

I am thankful...
for the gifts of sight, hearing, taste, smell and touch.

To be able to see the stars, a sunset, a flower, a grandchild's face.

To be able to hear beautiful music, the trill of the wren, a child's laughter.

To taste chocolate cake, a t-bone steak, enchiladas. I once knew a woman who had lost the sense of taste because she had had brain surgery. So sad.

To smell the fragrance of a summer rose, baking bread, rain.

To feel a gentle touch, a hug, Maggie's soft fur, the sun on my face.

To be able to experience the world in all those ways and more, Father I thank you.

I am wearing...
purple t-shirt, black yoga pants, bare feet.

I am remembering...
yesterday. We went to Mass (Sexagesima Sunday), then to Mom's where we made spaghetti and garlic cheese bread for lunch.

In the afternoon we took the bookcases to Josh's house, where Ron put them together. Cyrise had already sorted through a lot of the kid's toys, and we finished doing that. Then we sorted through all of their clothes, dividing them into things to be kept and those to be given away. Once the closets were cleared out, we put the shelves inside and put the boxes of toys on the shelves. The bigger toys and stuffed animals went back into the toy box. There is much more room now, and Reece was delighted with the organized toys. :o)

Ron and I came home around 6 and fed the puppies, who probably wondered where we had been all day.

I am going...
to shower, go to the grocery store, then to Mom's.

I am reading...
still reading Walden.

On my mind...
why do people lose their faith, and how can they regain it?

From the learning rooms...

more on the loaves and fishes, since we didn't do the activity last week.

Pondering these words...

My grace is sufficient for thee: for power is made perfect in infirmity. Gladly therefore will I glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

From the kitchen....
chicken and rice on the menu for dinner.

Around the house...

today is change the sheets day, laundry day.

One of my favorite things...
thunder and lightning.

From my picture album...
Yesterday's Gospel was from St. Luke, 8. 4-15, the parable of the sower.

Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. And they by the wayside are they that hear: then the devil cometh, and taketh the word out of their heart, lest believing they should be saved. Now they upon the rock, are they who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no roots: for they believe for a while, and in time of temptation they fall away. And that which fell among thorns are they who have heard, and going their way, are choked with the cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and yield no fruit. But that on the good ground, are they who in a good and perfect heart, hearing the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit in patience.

Which kind of soil are you?

*Oops, I forgot to give you the link to Peggy's site where you can read the daybooks of lots and lots of bloggers.

1 comment:

Siné said...

Thank you for sharing about your day. I hope you have a blessed week. Pax Christi.