Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wednesday Without Reece :o(

Busy, busy day today. I was up early and at Wilford Hall by 8:30 AM for a PICC line flush and bandage change.

While I was there the techs said my doctor had called to order labs, so they also drew blood for those. He also wanted the nurse practitioner to take a look at an abscess that appeared on my chest over the weekend. After checking it, she sent me to a dermatologist who put me on an antibiotic. It's nothing serious and shouldn't affect the start of chemo on Friday.

I picked up the antibiotic at the pharmacy, then called Kelly as I was leaving to see if she wanted to have lunch (by then it was 11:30). She did, so I picked her up and we went to a little Vietnamese place called Pho Ha Long (sounds like Fa Ha La) that sells the best noodle soup ever! It was fun having lunch with her, and I got to see her veggie garden.

I dropped her off at home and drove back across town to BAMC to pick up refills for my diabetes and BP meds. Thankfully, they had them ready and gave me a high priority number, so I didn't have to wait long at all.

By the time I stopped by Mom's it was 2:30 PM. I got home around 3:30, let the puppies in and we all crashed for a long nap.

Ron is volunteering with some of his co-workers at the Texas Valero Open. Today was the day they got to meet the golf pros and hang out with them. He just got home, very tired and a little wind-burned, but said it was a fun day.

My Christmas amaryllis surprised me by blooming 5 months late. :o) Isn't it pretty? There are two huge blooms, and a couple more little buds still growing.

Hope you're all having a good week.


3 comments:

Sarah Oldham said...

I was wondering if you'd tell us what flower that is. Gorgeous!

Glad you are doing well. Prayers continually for you!

Jennifer Mulkey said...

That is beautiful and what a great gift to you at this time :) God is good :)

Kalona said...

Sarah, thank you for continuing to pray for me; I really, really appreciate it!

Jennifer, thank you! The blooming amaryllis really was a special gift. It still looks beautiful.