Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

What a wonderful Mother's Day I had!

A High Mass at noon, with Fr. Kloster and the schola.

Then we picked up Teddy at Mom's apartment and brought them both here to our house. Josh was here earlier this morning to put a brisket in the oven. It smelled so wonderful when we got home from Mass. After slow cooking it for hours, he smoked it for a couple of hours. It was delicious!--moist, tender and full of flavor.

Josh and Cyrise made dinner for us. In addition to the brisket, Josh made homemade macaroni and cheese and Cyrise made a pot of beans. I cooked some broccoli, and there were two cakes. Kelly brought a chocolate cake for Josh's birthday, which we celebrated today. And Cyrise brought a white cake with strawberries, which we didn't even touch we were so full! My appetite was great, and I ate way too much.

We played outside, but it was a little too cool and cloudy for swimming. The kids had fun, anyway. Ron set up the umbrella near the patio because we did get a little bit of rain during the smoking process. All of us enjoyed sitting outside off and on throughout the day. The whole neighborhood smelled liked smoked brisket. Yum!

All the dogs were here--our two, Sister and Katy, Kelly and Mike's two, Darcy and Banzai, and Mom's Teddy. They had fun playing together, too!

Josh gave me a buzz cut. My hair has been falling out so fast that it's everywhere. It was looking very thin, so I just wanted it gone. I'm wearing one of the cute caps Kelly gave me. Reece watched my haircut, and liked it because he has the same haircut. His daddy buzzed his head a few days ago. He keeps feeling his head, and he looks adorable.

Everyone left around 6 or 7 PM, and I was pretty tired so I took a short nap.

Ron took Mom and Teddy home for me. She had fun, too. She liked her little Stardust memory shrine. We also gave her a big box of chocolates (she loves candy), and Kelly made her a beautiful pair of earrings.

I got beautiful earrings from Kel, too, and a bag full of all kinds of wonderful candies. Our oldest son sent me a lovely bouquet--I got that on Friday. It's been a fabulous Mother's Day. I feel very loved. :o)

I hope your Mother's Day was wonderful, too!

3 comments:

Linda said...

It sounds wonderful! I look forward to the day when my children cook for me. ;)

Sarah Oldham said...

I'm glad you have had such a wonderful mother's day. Reese is as cute as can be! I love the bear game you play with him. I can remember my grandmother chasing us kids in her house and we'd sneak upstairs to hide from her . . . she'd know we were up there, and tell us there was a ghost up there (and we believed her - hey, it was super dark and smelled musty). We'd come down the stairs and her hand would reach through the railings at us (we never did fall - thank God) and her false teeth would be jutting out and she'd say crazy stuff in Norwegian. Of course, we'd be shrieking like mad!

Good times! I sure miss my grandmum's.

Stay well. We are praying for you!

Kalona said...

Linda, we do love it when Josh cooks for us. He's a very good cook, too. :o) We used to tell him he should be a chef, but he isn't interested in doing that.

Sarah, thank you; Reece is such a delight! Your grandmother sounds like a hoot. :o) Thank you for your prayers.