Thursday, May 20, 2010

Happy Birthday, Ron!

See the cute guy with his arm around his oldest granddaughter? That's my Ron.

We've been married for 41 years, and they have been wonderful years. I am so blessed to have met and married the man I know God meant for me.

He is one of the good guys. He cares about people, and his family is everything to him.

He's unabashedly patriotic, he's funny and he likes to tease everyone. He loves God and his Catholic faith, enjoys politics, can fix almost anything, does beautiful woodworking, is a fantastic potter and artist, and gives the best foot rubs ever.

He retired from the US Army as a LTC, and still works for the military as a civilian. He will fully retire in a few years, and will be able to spend more time doing the things he enjoys. I'm looking forward to sharing many more years of life with him.

Happy Birthday, Ron. I love you!

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Well, sheesh - no wonder you love him. He's a "stone cold fox"...

Happy Birthday, Ron!

Kalona said...

Thanks, Adrienne. I'll be sure to show him your comment. He will love it! :o)

Linda said...

Although the foot rubs are ALL yours, I would love some day to have something he made with his hands. He sounds like a wonderful man, and you deserve a wonderful man. I'm so very happy for you.