Sunday, May 2, 2010

Missing Reece

Reece and I are having a bit of a hard time getting used to not being together as much as usual.

He spent the night with us last night. The plan was that he would sleep with Papa in the spare bedroom. I went in there with him and read him some stories, then Ron came in. Reece didn't want me to leave, but he finally gave in.

In the middle of the night I heard a little voice say, "Gramma?" And he crawled up into bed with me and snuggled against my back. I let him stay, and we both slept well.







We went to see Great Gran, then took Reece home where he showed me his new swimming pool in the backyard. I admired the pool, then gave him a hug and told him good-bye. He ran after me and said, "Wait Gramma! I got to kiss you!" I stopped and waited and he gave me a kiss on each cheek and told me he loved me. He melts my heart.

6 comments:

Sarah Oldham said...

Well this post certainly melted mine! God bless you!!

Kalona said...

Thank you, Sarah.

Kelly said...

Cute!

I bet he LOVES that pool. :)

I'm glad you let him snuggle with you last night.

Kalona said...

Kel, doesn't he look cute with his little dirty face? :o) He had a brownie and a raspberry drink at Gran's.

Yes, he is pretty excited about the pool. So is Aubrey! Cyrise said they played in there today until Aubrey's lips turned blue.

I just didn't have the heart to take him back to the other room when he came looking for me. He went right back to sleep, and we didn't breathe in each other's faces. :o)

Jennifer Mulkey said...

He's a little cutie :) My grandkids made what I went through all worth it. They were and still are the light of my life, as I can tell yours are for you. They will help you so much. Those hugs give us strength :)

Kalona said...

Thank you, Jennifer! Yes, I'm crazy about my grandchildren, and they always lift my spirits. They are one reason I'll fight this so hard.