Friday, May 21, 2010

Missing My Grands

I am going through Reece withdrawal. :o(

My white cell counts are down, and he and his little sisters all have the sniffles right now, so I can't be with them.

Ron has also caught a cold. That couldn't have happened at a worse time. It's hard to stay away from someone who lives in the same house.

Nothing new going on around here today. I had to go to Wilford Hall again for more labs this morning. Then I went to my mom's and stayed there while she took the world's longest shower. :o) I didn't get home until around 2 PM. I had some leftover pasta with olive oil, parmesan cheese and salt and pepper for lunch, then took a nap until Ron got home from work. I'm tired.

I just fed the puppies and cleaned their ears. They love to have their faces washed and their ears cleaned. It's so cute how they just melt against me. They are very loving little girls.

I'm half-way watching a movie called The Hunted with Tommy Lee Jones and Benicio del Toro. Did you know that Tommy Lee Jones is from San Antonio?

10 comments:

X said...

I prayed for you at Adoration today.

Kalona said...

Angela, thank you so much; you are a sweetheart.

MentalMom said...

I'm healthy (at least for now) so you if you need anything...call.
I wish I had the same experience cleaning my cats ears. He HATES it and it takes at minimum two people and at least one of us ends up bloodied.
My friend has seen Tommy Lee Jones multiple times around town. She wonders if he is going to think she is stalking him :D
Thomas Gibson (Dharma and Greg/Criminal Minds) also lives in town.

Sarah Oldham said...

I can't imagine having to be so careful like that - exhausting enough to go through chemo etc.. Many prayers for you!

Kalona said...

K, I'm hoping I'll start to get some energy back by next week. Right now I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat. :o) Thank you for your offer of help, sweet friend. Things are going okay for now.

I didn't know Thomas Gibson lived here--I'll have to keep my eyes open. I like Criminal Minds.

Maggie would never allow us to clean her ears. Fortunately, she is a totally indoor cat, so they stay pretty clean.

Kalona said...

Sarah, thank you for your continued prayers! It is a worry, trying to stay away from germs when the immune system is depressed, but it is a matter of life and death. Most cancer patients who die during the chemo process do so because they get some kind of infection and have no immune system to fight it off. Kinda scary.

Adrienne said...

My hairdresser just spent a year going through exactly the same thing. She's well and cancer-free now.

I envision the same for you and am sending little cyber death rays to all your cancer cells. Oh yes - I'm praying also. :-)

Kalona said...

Adrienne, you always make me smile. :o) Thanks for the cyber death rays and for the prayers! That is encouraging to hear that your hairdresser is now cancer free. Thanks be to God!

Jennifer Mulkey said...

Do you have any of those little masks? We used them when my counts were so low. Around here and also when I went out, I carried them with me. Sorry you are feeling so tired :( Make sure you get lots of rest, let your body heal.

Kalona said...

Jennifer, yes, I bought a box of masks after the first round of chemo. I do wear them at Mass, at the hospital, and whenever I'm around a lot of people. I try to remember to take one with me any time I leave the house, just in case. I am getting lots of rest--seems like I sleep half the day away!