Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Late Night Chitchat

Something was wrong with our server or router or modem or something for the past couple of days, so I haven't been online. Ron was able to get it fixed this evening when he got home from work, with a little help from a service tech. :o)

I had an appointment for labs and a picc line flush this morning, so I was at my home away from home, Wilford Hall. They are so wonderful to me there. My doctor is keeping a close eye on my lab reports because of the strong chemo I had over the weekend. I was there on Monday, again this morning, and I'll go back again Friday morning for more lab tests.

I'm doing okay after the second cycle of chemo. I'm short of breath with just a little exertion, a bit of nausea that started today from the yucky taste of the dying cells in my bloodstream, and some fatigue. Nothing I can't handle, though.

After leaving Wilford Hall, I stopped and picked up lunch for me and Mom. I was at Mom's for about an hour. My appetite is good (so is Mom's). :o)

When I got home Kelly came over with Darcy and Banzai. We left the dogs playing together in the backyard while we went shopping. Sis and Katy are always delighted to see their pals.

We went to CVS for some things Kel needed, then to Burlington Coat Factory to look at hats. We had fun trying on hats, but they didn't have any that I liked. Kelly saw my bald head for the first time since I had Josh buzz it. I told her I looked like the bald guy in the Six Flags commercials and she laughed and sang the little song. :o)

Kelly was looking for a fabric sunhat and some garden shoes, so we went to Macy's, then WalMart. No luck. So we stopped at Academy on the way home, and she found the perfect little Crocs there, and I found a cute pair of brown and white sandals for only $10.

It was a nice afternoon, and good for me to be out and about rather than sleeping on the couch at home.

I did a couple of loads of laundry, and Ron and I got some beef fajita nachos from Taco Cabana for dinner. I made old fashioned cherry pudding last night, and that was our dessert. A foot rub, Criminal Minds on TV, and some computer time and now it's time for sleep.

G'night.

4 comments:

aine said...

Thank you for sharing your update. How wonderful that God has blessed you with with such a lovely family. Praying for you every day.

Kalona said...

aine, thank you so much for your prayers!

Anonymous said...

Sharon, I love you! Sandi

Kalona said...

Sandi, I love you, too! :o)