Monday, May 3, 2010

Defenders Of The Catholic Faith

I have belonged to a Catholic on-line forum, Defenders of the Catholic Faith for many years now. My husband and I have met some of the members in "real life," and they've all been exactly as they seem to be on the board--wonderful people.

I found the board around the time I decided that I wanted to convert to Catholicism (2001). The board owner is Steve Ray (shown at left),a well-known convert who was formerly Baptist. We have heard him speak a few times at Catholic conferences, and he's funny, down-to-earth, sincere and totally in love with Catholicism. He has written books, gone to Israel to make videos and has a busy speaking schedule, all because of his love for God and His Church. I'm so glad to have found his Catholic convert board, and I'm blessed to have so many friends there.

When the DCF ladies found out about my cancer, they planned to surprise me with a card and gift shower, but I am so nosy that when I saw my name on a thread title, I clicked on it and spoiled the surprise. :o) That didn't stop them, though. Almost every day when we get the mail, there is something wonderful from my friends at DCF. It has been a joy and a blessing to hear from them, receive their gifts, cards and notes, but most of all to know that they are praying for me. Thank you DCF ladies! I love you all.

Click on the links above to visit the DCF forum or Steve's website to see his books, videos and speaking schedule. If you have questions about Catholicism, he has the answers!

6 comments:

JoAnnC. said...

DCF and you have been a blessing to us as well! Praying for you daily!

Sarah Oldham said...

Is there something I can mail you from the land of Aloha? I'd love to send you something you like! I can't make much of anything, but I would buy you something for sure!!
God bless you and keep you!
email me at Sarahs(dot)Journey(at)yahoo.com with your request.

Kalona said...

Thank you, JoAnn!

Sarah, you are so sweet! No, I can't think of anything--after all, I already have the pincushion. :o) Please continue your prayers for me, though. Hugs!

Therese said...

DCF has been such a blessing to me as well Kalona.

Even though I haven't meet any of the dcf ladies irl, they are considered my best friends.

I know that any need I have they will help me with and pray for me.

Still praying each day for you.

Kalona said...

Thank you, Therese! I know exactly what you mean about the DCF ladies. You can always count on them (including you). I appreciate your prayers so very much!

Kelly said...

That's so sweet! God Bless the DCF peeps. :)