Saturday, August 29, 2009

Two Busy Days

I took Ron to work Friday so that I could have the car all day, instead of sharing the truck with Josh.

I had a mammogram appointment at 9 AM, then went to the lab for some blood work my diabetes counselor ordered. Stopped at Mom's on my way home, then went to get my hair cut at 2 PM.

Reece came over to spend the night. I'm not in the habit of giving him gifts every time I see him, but a couple of weeks ago I gave him some "presents" when he came over. So now he wants a present every time he comes. :o) He has been wanting Wingo to add to his Cars collection, but none of us had been able to find one. So I told him that we would go to Toys R Us and see if they had one. They didn't, so we went to Target, and there was one Wingo left, just for us! Reece insisted we take a picture of him last night. :o)

Then Reece, Ron and I went to eat at a new coffee shop nearby. The food wasn't that good; we probably won't go back unless it's for coffee and dessert.

This morning Ron took the car to the dealer to have the AC repaired again. Josh picked him up there, then I took Josh and Reece home and went to Mom's in the truck.

Back at home, I spent some of the afternoon filing all of the papers I sorted through last week, and shredding another big pile. My filing system leaves a lot to be desired, but at least I know where to find things if I need them.

After working inside for a couple of hours, I went outside to spend some time with the puppies. They make such a mess in the backyard, so I brought the trash cart around to the back and went all around the yard picking up bits of plastic, paper and wood (even rocks!) that they scattered around. Then I put the pups inside and used the leaf blower and the pressure sprayer on the patio. I washed the patio doors and the trash cart with soap and water and sprayed them off with the pressure thingy. One more round of the yard to pick up puppy poop, and I was pooped.

Now I'm sitting here with a fan blowing on me, and it feels wonderful! When Ron was gone those 3 weeks, I turned our AC up quite a bit. We discovered that we don't need it to be as cool in the house as we had been keeping it. Our electric bill dropped by $200 this month, in spite of the record heat!

Tomorrow after Mass, we will have to take Teddy (Mom's dog) to PetsMart's vet to get his rabies shot. I'm relieved they are open on Sunday, because all vaccinations have to be given 48 hours prior to leaving the pet at the hotel! I thought that he got one when he was in the shelter, but when I was getting his paperwork ready to fax to the pet hotel today, I saw that he didn't. He did have the bordetella vaccine, but it's been nearly 6 months, so he needs another one.

Okay, that's my long ramble for tonight.

No comments: