Monday, August 24, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Monday, August 24, 2009
(Oops, got sidetracked and forgot to post this).

Outside my window...
Texas summer. It's supposed to get to 103° today. Again.

I am thinking...
about a trip we're taking the first week in September. Lots of things to do to prepare.



I am thankful...

for my Ron.

From the kitchen...
Cheerios and strawberries for breakfast.

I am wearing...
sleeveless white PJs with tiny blue flowers.

I am creating...
nothing.

I am going...
Josh is bringing me the car, then I'll go to Mom's, then pick him up at noon so that he can have the car again. (The starter on his car is not working).

I am hearing...
the AC unit making a weird noise. I think I need to call a repairman. It sounds like a belt or bearing going out. :o(

Around the house...
I was watching the television show Hoarders the other night. It literally made me feel so queasy I couldn't eat my ice cream. Those poor people! It really is an illness. Anyway, it made me want to declutter and throw out stuff.

One of my favorite things...
waterfalls.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
the puppies have a vet appointment in the morning for their final puppy vaccinations.

I'll be checking out boarding kennels for them and Teddy during the week. We are going out of town for a few days next week, and I won't leave them any place unless I see it first.

I'll take Aubrey to physical therapy tomorrow afternoon.

I have an appointment for a mammogram on Friday. Oh joy.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...












Beautiful and peaceful!

Please visit Peggy's site for links to more daybooks. Thanks for hosting, Peggy!

3 comments:

Jerralea said...

I love waterfalls, too. And beaches Actually the sound of water is so relaxing!

Hoarding is a sad illness. You're not trusting God to meet future needs when you're afraid of getting rid of stuff. Decluttering is something I like to do because everything has to have it's place. If I can't find a place for it, it needs to go!

Kathy said...

What a beautiful waterfall! I find they always make me think of problems and cares being washed away ;)

Kalona said...

Hello Jerralea and Kathy, thank you for visiting and commenting! Yes, there is something very calming about waterfalls. Glad you enjoyed the picture.