Monday, August 3, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Monday, August 3, 2009

Outside my window...
hazy blue gray skies, grass that is dying for lack of rain. We set a record yesterday for the hottest summer ever. We've had 37+ days of over 100° temperatures. And we still have August to get through.

I am thinking...
I hope my puppies are okay. When I came downstairs this morning at 7 AM, I was greeted with a foul stench. One or both of them had diarrhea. They tried to poop outside the kennel, but it was everywhere. I never feed them anything but their Blue Buffalo puppy food and little dog biscuit treats now and then, but you never know what they might chew up outside. I spent an hour moving the kennel outside and scrubbing it, cleaning the floor inside, and giving them both a bath. Then I walked all over the yard trying to find something they might have eaten to cause this, but I didn't find anything unusual.

I am thankful...

that today is trash day and the stinky bags I put in the trash container will be taken away. I'm sorry, Mr. Trashman.

From the kitchen...
strawberries and waffles.

I am wearing...
jean shorts and a dark red sleeveless tee, bare feet and a ponytail.

I am creating...
I'm knitting. Working on Kelly's mop cover (it's turning out cute), and some unfinished projects that have been lying around for months or years.

I am going...
to Mom's and to Adoration.

I am hearing...
the television in my bedroom, the AC running, an occasional puppy bark from the backyard.

Around the house...
some laundry to be done.

One of my favorite things...
the buzz of the summer locusts in the evening.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
the usual routine and pay bills.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...
















Little Stinkers (literally)

*Oops, I forgot to give you the link to Peggy's Summer Daybook. Please visit her site to see the daybooks of other bloggers. Thanks, Peggy!

No comments: