Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I haven't been in the mood to blog lately. I didn't do the daybook on Monday, but it's a good way to make myself write, so I'll do it today.

Outside my window...
hot weather! Lot's of big puffy white clouds. We have a slim chance of some rain from a disturbance in the Gulf, but I'm not counting on it.

I am thinking...
that the puppies are doing so well with their training that I may add a couple of new commands. I had been training them individually, but lately I've worked with them together, and they are doing great. Sister picks up on what I want quicker than Katy does, so Katy learns from her. They know sit, stay and come, and I want to teach them to lie down when I say, "down." We may work on "heel," too.

They look so pretty and healthy. Their coal black coats are so shiny and thick. Kelly recommended Blue Buffalo dog food, which is what she feeds her beautiful dogs. She swears it is what makes them so healthy. It's expensive, but worth it!

I am thankful...
for big shady trees on hot summer days.

From the kitchen...
iced tea, leftover beef curry and rice for lunch. Mint Milano cookies for dessert. :o)

I am wearing...
dark blue denim capris, brown pleated tee, bare feet, gold ball earrings, french braid.

I am creating...
a bit of order here and there.

I am going...
to take Aubrey to physical therapy. I'll bring Reece home with me to spend the night when I drop Aubrey off at her house.

I am hearing...
the TV downstairs.

Around the house...
clean sheets, towels and rugs to fold and put away.

One of my favorite things...
quiet, peaceful, beautiful Adoration chapels.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
nothing new--Reece will be here tonight and again on Friday. We will probably swim and I may go ahead and start his pre-school sessions again. Aubrey's PT sessions are back to once a week, so I won't have to take her on Thursday. I'd like to work on making the two spare bedrooms look pretty. Right now they are bare catch-alls.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...



August 20 is the Feast Day of St. Bernard, Abbot and Doctor of the Church.

St. Bernard, born of noble Burgundian parents, was a monk of the Cistercian Order, a branch of the Benedictine Order. He became Abbot of the famous monastery of Clairvaux, which he himself had founded. The writings, sermons and letters of this great Doctor rendered invaluable services to the Church. He also preached the second crusade, and died at Clairvaus A.D. 1153.
The Roman Missal, 1962






*edited to add the link to Peggy's Summer Daybook. Thank you, Peggy, for continuing to host the Daybooks.

No comments: