Friday, August 21, 2009

Cool Pool Puppies

Sister and Katy are growing up. They've lost their cuddly puppy look, and are in that gangly, lanky stage.

It's still so hot here. I'm sick of 100°+ temperatures day after day. The puppies are in the shade here, but still hot and panting.

That's Sister on the left, Katy on the right.




They stuck close to me for awhile, but when I didn't do anything interesting, they decided to get into the pool. They know how to cool off!





Sister likes to swim more than Katy does. Kate will get in, but sit on the step. Sis will swim around. They are so smart. :o)

They spend a lot of time napping in their crate during the hot afternoons. But sometimes I have to wait to put them in because they are dripping wet!

4 comments:

Therese said...

oh they are growing up so fast Kalona.

Still as cute as ever.

I hope you get some relief soon from the heat. Day after day is hard to take.

MentalMom said...

They are still absolutely precious. I don't think I've ever seen two dogs more identical.
I need to get up there for a visit.

Kelly said...

They are looking happy and healthy. I'd be in the pool with them. Has this been the hottest summer on record because it sure feels like it! Make me want to move somewhere cooler.

Kalona said...

Therese, yes the puppies are growing up too quickly! They are little charmers.

K, they do look so much alike, but I can usually tell them apart now, even at a distance. We would love to have you come for a visit when we get back from our trip next month. I'll be in touch.

Kelly, I love their shiny coats and their vitality. They're very healthy. Yes, as a matter of fact, this has been the hottest summer on record. It's awful! Sorry, you may not move anywhere too far away from me. :o)