Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thursday Chitchat

Can you tell from the picture that it's raining? It's not much, but we are so desperate for rain that even a little bit has everyone so excited! I'm praying we get more.





I've not done much today. I went to Mom's this morning, and then to BAMC for lab tests. I have an appointment with endocrinology in August to see if the Synthroid is working or needs to be adjusted.

After the radioactive iodine treatment, my thyroid stopped working and I became hypothyroid. I gained 10 lbs. in a month. Now that I'm on the Synthroid I've lost 5 lbs. without trying. So I think it's working, but the doctors will be able to tell me for sure when they get the lab results.

My regular doctor switched my Metformin to a slow-release kind and added Januvia, so my blood sugar numbers look a lot better, too. Woohoo! It feels good to know I'm getting healthier. I need to lose 10 more pounds, though.

I had to go to PetsMart for puppy food this afternoon. I also got the puppies a new water dispenser. It's the kind that has a big upsidedown bottle with a dish attached. I'm hoping it will keep them from splashing all their drinking water out 20 times a day. I got them some little dog biscuits to use for training, and some stuff called Bitter Yuck to spray on my patio cushions to keep them from chewing on them.

I'm going shopping this evening, so need to get busy making a list.

Please pray that we get more rain! Thanks!

2 comments:

Therese said...

thats great that your bsl is better.Our boys sugars are pretty good at the moment too.

Prayers for rain for you. We had a drought last summer and were glad for any amount of rain.

Kalona said...

Hi Therese, I'm happy that your boys are doing well. It must be difficult to manage diabetes in children. Even as an adult it is not always easy to eat as I should.

Thank you for the prayers for rain. Yes, we need every drop we can get!