Thursday, July 16, 2009

Commemoration of Our Lady Of Mount Carmel

Today are commemorated the favours granted to the Brothers of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, successors to those early Christians who built a chapel in her honour on Mount Carmel. The institution and habit of the Carmelite Order as now known are due to Our Lady's instructions first to St. Simon Stock and later to Pope Honorius III. She promised special protection in life and after death to all who adopted the Tertiary's rule of life and wore her habit. (The Roman Missal, 1962)









Jason and I visited Mount Carmel on our trip to Israel a few years ago. Our priests celebrated Mass there. I left my purse in the chapel, under a chair. I went in a panic to report it missing to our tour guide. He was standing there with my purse hanging from his shoulder. :o) Whew!

One of my favorite pictures from our trip is this one of Jason with one of the Brothers there. Aren't they cute? :o)

No comments: