Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thursday Chitchat

Aubrey's physical therapy went so well today. She is much more comfortable with Elaine, the therapist. She still looks around now and then to make sure I am close by, but she will allow Elaine to hold her and play with her, and she is happy to explore the therapy room. Today she crawled out into the larger room on her own, and was able to use some of the equipment out there since no one was there. I can see her making progress each week.

Caelen stayed with Cyrise, Reece and Camryn this afternoon while I took Aubs to PT. Reece was happy to see his cousin when we got there. Caelen is so sweet with him. Reece took me to his room to show me the Lincoln Log structure that Caelen had built for him.

Caelen and I were playing poker (Five Card Draw) when Ron got home from work. He joined us in our card games, then taught us how to play 7 Card Stud. Then we showed Caelen how to play Indian. :o) It was fun; they make me laugh. I've never been much of a card player, but playing cards with grandchildren is a whole new ballgame. Caelen and I played Go Fish yesterday, but poker is more fun. Papa was telling us funny stories about past poker games and old friends that had us rolling. I love to see Caelen get really tickled.

Ron grilled some brats for supper, and we had them with potato salad and jello fruit salad--an easy, quick and cool meal for summer. Caelen played some computer games this evening, I played with the puppies, and Ron watched Fox News.

Tomorrow Kelly, Caelen and I are going to the coast. Ron has the day off and will stay home with the puppies. Guess I'd better get off the computer and get some sleep. We hope to get an early start.

No comments: