Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Crazy Busy Tuesday

I'm tired. It's almost midnight, and I just got back from the grocery store and separated my groceries from Mom's and put mine away. I should have gone earlier, but there just was no good time to go.

Jason and his family left this afternoon, leaving Caelen with us for awhile. I love having him here. Kelly and I are hoping to take him to Rockport and Corpus one day, to visit the aquarium, the USS Lexington and to go to the beach.

Aubrey is going to PT twice a week now, starting today. After I went to Mom's this morning, I came home for a little while, then went to pick up Aubrey. We went to PT where she did very well. She is finally beginning to feel more comfortable with the therapist, so will make faster progress now. I took her home afterwards and brought Reece home with me to spend the night. He got to see his cousins one last time before they left, and he's glad that Caelen is still here. :o)

He and Caelen got into the pool with Papa this evening. The puppies get so excited when people are in the pool. Sister jumped in and started swimming to Caelen today. He kept swimming away from her, and she followed him all around the pool. I was standing at the steps calling to her, and telling Caelen to get her, afraid that she would get tired and stop swimming. But they were not listening to me, and she finally came to the steps on her own and got out. But she wanted to go back in right away! I had to physically hold her to keep her out of the water. They love the water, and will play in their water container every time I fill it. (The picture was taken last week, the first time they ever got in the water. I didn't take pictures today).

When we came inside, Reece was playing with his Lightning McQueen, 'Mater, and Mac vehicles from the movie Cars. We put the DVD on, and he acted out a lot of the movie, making the sound effects and repeating the dialog. It was hilarious and so cute. Ron and I took turns watching the movie with them. He took over when I left to go to PetsMart for more puppy food, and when I came back he was enjoying the movie as much as the boys.

When the movie ended, Reece was sleepy and snuggled up on the couch with me. He was asleep within minutes and I carried him upstairs and put him in bed. That's when I left to go to the store. Caelen was still up watching the Food Network when I got home, and helped me unload the bags of groceries from the car. He's a sweetheart.

Not sure what tomorrow will bring, but I'm looking forward to it. :o)

No comments: