Monday, July 27, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Monday, July 27, 2009

Outside my window...
it's dark. I'm getting a head start by starting my daybook in the middle of the night. :o)

I am thinking...
about how much I enjoyed the weekend. A busy, fun Saturday with my mom and sister, and then a quiet relaxed Sunday--Mass and lunch at Luby's with Ron and Mom, swimming with Josh and his family in the afternoon, a two hour nap in the evening (the reason I'm wide awake at 2 AM), and sitting outside talking with Ron at night. Very pleasant.

I am thankful...
for this time in my life. When I was young, I couldn't imagine life past age forty. Now I know that those are some of the best years!

From the kitchen...
I just had some popcorn. Chicken breasts are thawing for chicken marsala for dinner tonight.

I am wearing...
my most comfortable outfit--black smock top and black yoga pants. I'm barefoot and my hair's in a ponytail.

I am creating...
my daughter wants me to knit her a cover for her swiffer mop. I need to get some cotton yarn for that. And my sister wants a beaded necklace like one we saw in a shop window in Bandera. Maybe promising to make things for loved ones will get me motivated to craft again.

I am going...
to take Ron to work. The starter on Josh's car quit working, so he has the truck. Mom and I will go to Adoration at noon. I'm going to stay home for the rest of the day.

I am hearing...
silence. Ron, Maggie Cat and the puppies are sleeping. The AC is not even running, for a change.

Around the house...
the downstairs is reasonably clean and neat, the upstairs could use some work.

One of my favorite things...
watching the puppies play.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Ron is leaving Tuesday for another out-of-town trip, this one for 3 weeks. :o( I'll be doing my usual routine--Mom's every morning, Aubrey's PT on Tuesday and Thursday, Reece overnight on Tuesday and Friday nights. In between I will be cleaning house, training puppies, necessary shopping and maybe some pool time.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...









St. Anne, mother of the Virgin Mary. St. Anne's feast day was Sunday, July 26.





Visit Peggy's site to see the daybooks of other bloggers.

No comments: