Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hot and Cranky

We are having yet another 100°+ day and I'm getting tired of it.

The AC in my car is not working again, after we spent over $1000 to have it fixed a few weeks ago. :o(

My sister is coming to visit Mom today, and my house is a mess.

On an up note, I stayed with Reece and Aubrey this afternoon while Cyrise took Camryn to the pediatrician. It's always fun to be with them. We played with Lightning McQueen and 'Mater from the movie Cars and a frog puppet who asked a lot of questions in a very cute voice. :o)

Camryn is doing well. She got a shot today, poor baby. She weighs 8 1/2 pounds now, so she has nearly doubled her birth weight. She's still tiny, but she is growing.

That little hummingbird and his buddies have been hanging out at the feeder this week. I need to go out and change the nectar. The hot weather makes it go bad so quickly.

4 comments:

Sarah - Kala said...

I think hummingbirds are awesome birds. I'm sorry about your AC . . . today it was so hot (humid) I might have died w/out ours. Especially in the slow traffic.
I always hated the immunization days when mine were little. My youngest had three lately and he did get a bit under the weather with it. :(

Kalona said...

I never get tired of watching the hummers, Sarah. :o)

Hope you acclimate to the heat and humidity soon. After living there, we moved to Japan where it was gray and rainy for the first few weeks. I really missed Hawaii!

Yeah, I hate those days, too. And babies are too little to tell you if they are hurting. :o( Sorry your little guy had a not-so-good experience.

Sarah - Kala said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kalona said...

I published the following comment by Sarah, then deleted it so that I could ask her if it was okay to post her email address. She said that it is okay, but now I can't undelete, so I'll post it here under my name.

Thanks so much Sarah! I'm really excited to have won the pin cushion!

Kalona - you are the winner of the HI pin cushion. Congratulations. Please email me at Sarahs.Journey@yahoo.com w/ your address so I can get it mailed out soon. A wee piece of HI following you about!! Aloha!