1. Ron gave me a new crucifix necklace for St. Valentine's day. I lost the one I had, which was also a gift from him. It was on a black silk cord with several of my most cherished medals. I wrapped it around the bed frame during my last hospital stay, and when I was discharged, I forgot to take it off the bed. :o( No one left it at lost and found, and they didn't have it at the nurses station. I was so sad about losing it. So I was very happy to get a new one. It's pretty. Now I need to get some new medals and to have everything blessed. Sorry about the blurry picture. My camera battery was dead, so I used my iphone and tried to get too close.
2. Today is our 44th wedding anniversary. I think we're going out to dinner tonight.
3. The kids had fun at their Valentine parties yesterday. They came home all happy with their valentines and little gifts.
4. Today Reece's class had another fairy tale ball. He dressed as Peter Pan. The kids were all so cute! There were kings and pirates and knights, and of course all the little girls were princesses. :o) I helped out during the ball with the crafts. They made a Three Little Pigs book and decorated crowns. And they "danced" on a floor covered with balloons. Some fifth graders entertained them with a play--a fractured Cinderella tale. They had their picture taken as a class. And of course they had snacks. I think they had fun. I did, too.
5. Everyone seems to have colds. When the weather goes from cold to hot, up and down, people seem to get sick. I'm glad it's the weekend so that maybe the kids will have a chance to get over their colds without being reinfected by all the kids (and teachers) at school.