Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Daybook

Date:  Wednesday, February 20, 2013 

Time and Weather:  It's 8:30 AM, looking gray outside, 56 degrees.  Supposed to get to 70 for a high today.  We've been having very spring-like weather.    


Clothes:  Olive green cotton cargo pants, long-sleeved purple tee.     


Food:  Nothing yet.  I just took my synthroid and have to wait 30 minutes to an hour before I can eat anything.  I usually take it as soon as I wake up, but forgot it this morning.  


Sounds:  Jet engine sounds from the air force base a few miles from us.  Sounds like they are testing them or warming them up.  Deep growly, rumbly sounds.  I grew up a few miles from Boeing aircraft plant, where my dad worked, and those sounds are so familiar to me.    

Little Favorites:  Aveeno Clear Complexion foaming cleanser.  Kelly gave me some when I was in the hospital, and I love it.  It leaves my face really clean, but feeling soft and smooth.  I've been using it ever since.  Thanks, Kel!  

Arts and Crafts:  Nada.

Music:




A Memory:  
Thinking of the jet engine sounds reminds me of summer days during my childhood.  Our neighborhood was full of Boeing workers and their families.  In the summer evenings, we would play outside for hours, mamas and daddies sitting out on the front porch steps, talking with neighbors or just relaxing.  We played hide and seek, kick the can, statues, kickball, we chased each other around and had a ball.  The most fun we had was when one of the dads would bring a huge airplane tire innertube home.  The whole neighborhood would converge on the yard with the tire, and we would jump and bounce on that thing for hours.  It was just as much fun as a trampoline, maybe more.

When it was time, Mom would call us inside for baths and bed.  We slept with the windows open, and the breeze would blow the light curtain and I'd smell the aroma of honeysuckle that grew on the backyard fence as I fell asleep.          



Thank you, God:  for all those playmates we had growing up.  Please bless them and their families.  Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you Sharon!