Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Daybook


Date:  Wednesday, February 13, 2013 

Time and Weather:  It's 9:20 AM, 43 degrees, bright and sunny outside.  The high today is predicted to be 67 degrees.   

Clothes:  Blue jeans, a kelly green tee shirt, and green and red striped socks.  

Food:  For breakfast I had a cheese omelet, strawberries and blueberries, buttered toast, and a cup of black pomegranate tea.   

Sounds:  I have HGTV on the TV in our room.  Love It or List It is on.          
Little Favorites:
  

    
Arts and Crafts:










Here is the valentine garland Kelly and I made last weekend.  The hearts are made of red felt and they're strung on pink yarn.  Simple, but cute and festive.  :o)

Music:
This makes me remember when I was a teenager.  I've always loved the harmony of the Beach Boys.



A Memory:
When I was 15 years old I worked at Armstrong's Ice Cream in Wichita, Kansas.  It was on Douglas, across from East High School.  I wore a little white uniform and white shoes, and it was my job to make the ice cream concoctions the customers ordered from the waitresses.  My sister Sandi was one of the waitresses.  :o)

I learned to make banana splits without touching the banana, how to make milkshakes, sundaes and fizzy phosphates.  Now and then someone would order a hot fudge hinky dink, the biggest sundae we made.  It was 8 scoops of ice cream in a huge old fashioned footed goblet covered with hot fudge, whipped cream and cherries.  We had the best hot fudge!

There was always music on the juke box, including the Beach Boys.  :o)

Thank you, God:  for my sisters, Sandi and Johnnie.  Sisters are such a blessing, and mine are both very wonderful and special women.  Thank you for all the memories we've made, growing up together.  Thank you for our parents, whose immense love we've always felt.  Thank you for the bond we have and the love we share.  Amen 

No comments: