Sunday, February 10, 2013

Enjoyable Weekend

The weekend has flown by.  We did have cooler weather and a bit of rain yesterday, but mostly it was just a gray, misty day.  If we're going to have cloudy, humid weather, I'd rather have a good soaking rain than mist and drizzle.  

Kelly came over around noon on Saturday.  It was good to see her.  She wanted to have lunch at Chester's, so that's where we went, just the two of us.  We needed to be where we could talk, talk, talk, and a corner booth was perfect.  Ron and Reece went to Gran's for me.

After a quick trip to Hobby Lobby and Michaels, we came back to the house and made marshmallow fudge, and Kelly helped me make a valentine banner for the kitchen window. The red hearts look so cute against the white valance over the window.  

It's been gray again today, but we haven't even had the misty rain we had yesterday.  Reece and I went to Gran's.  We took her some potato salad and barbecued chicken that Josh grilled last night.  She had corn in her pantry, so I heated that up for her, too.

I think Ron is coming down with a cold, or else his mountain cedar allergy is really bad right now.  He's kind of miserable.  I hope it's not the flu!  I don't want to go through that again.  

The kids and I did a "science experiment" this afternoon, using baking soda, vinegar and food coloring.  Oh my, they loved it!  Reece did the first one, and when the solution bubbled up and spilled over the top of the glass, the look on his face was just precious.  His eyes got huge and his mouth made a perfect "O."  I let the little girls choose a color and do their own experiment, and they would scream and squeal every time the solution overflowed. We had the glass sitting in the middle of a cookie sheet to catch the overflow.  They wanted to taste it, and declared that it was yucky.  I'd say that experiment was a smashing success.

We'll be back to our usual routine tomorrow.  

Do you have any special plans for Valentine's day?

No comments: