Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday Five

Our neighbor's orange tree a few days ago.
1.  We've been blessed with beautiful weather again this week.  It's supposed to rain this weekend, though, which is a good thing.  The sky is the most incredible blue, and not a cloud to be found.  The wrens are back.  I've seen one of them scouting around for a place to build a nest.  I need to clean out the wren house for them.  The old nest from last year is still in it.

2.  I had my dentist appointment yesterday.  It wasn't too bad, but I have to go back later this month.  I have a temporary filling on one tooth.

3.  The kids celebrated 100 days of school today.  Reece's class decorated tee shirts with 100 things.  This year he did pairs of googly eyes on a black shirt.  His mom helped him glue them on. It was cute, but he came home with some of them missing.  He had given them to his friends, or they had taken them off.  Wish I had gotten a picture of him in it before it was cannibalized.    

Aubrey's class made posters using 100 Q-tips.  Parents were to help.  Cyrise and Aubrey made a picture of a playground (a tree, swing set and slide), grass along the bottom, birds (bent Q-tips), little kids playing, clouds and a sun. It looked like a little kids drawing.  Aubrey colored it after it dried.  It was cute.  It said, "100 Days" at the top, and "...of fun," at the bottom.

4.  Kelly was going to come over this afternoon, but postponed it to tomorrow when Mike will be home to take care of the dogs.  I'm looking forward to seeing her.  She will go with me to Gran's.  

5.  I stopped by the thrift store after going to Gran's today, and found some jeans for Aubrey.  Her 4Ts are getting too short, so I got 3 pairs of 5Ts.  Didn't find anything else worth buying, so I only spent $3 plus tax.

No comments: