Thursday, September 16, 2010

They Say It's My Birthday

Today is the big day--bone marrow (or stem cell) transplant day! They will be here in about an hour to do the procedure. I'm a little nervous, but it sounds like a simple enough procedure.

The staff calls it a new birthday, because it's the beginning of a new, healthy life. I like that! :o)

I know I keep asking for your prayers, but I still need them. So far the side effects from the latest chemo have barely affected me, and I credit that all to you who are praying for me! There are some bad side effects from the stem cell infusion, too, so please keep it up. Your prayers are so powerful!

Ron is on his way here, but called to say he is stuck in a traffic jam because of a wreck. I wanted him to be here for the transplant, but if he's not it won't really matter. I have plenty of people taking care of me. :o)

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

So exciting! Happy Stem Cell Birthday. More prayers coming...

Julia said...

Happy Birthday!! :p

Of course I am praying for you!

Sarah Oldham said...

definitely praying for you!!!
Restore her health, Lord.

X said...

I am back from holidays. I continued to offer my Masses and Communions for you even while away. Prayers continue.

Anonymous said...

Father, great physcian, healer and protector of those who know and love you, keep Sharon safe. Protect her and heal her Father. We ask this in the name of Jesus.
We pray also for all of those who are caring for Sharon, give them wisdom & perfection in all they do and bless them Father.

Happy Birthday Sweet Sister! Mom & I are praying and we're right here loving you. You're strong in the Lord and that is our comfort.

Sending you love & prayers and hugs. Mom & Sandi

Kalona said...

Oh you are all so wonderful! Thank you so much for praying for me my faithful ones. Much love to each of you!