Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Oh, I forgot to tell you something!

I forgot to say that Dr. W wants to have our family conference on Thursday, September 9th at 1:30 PM, and I'll go into the hospital for the deep chemo on September 10th.

The family conference is so that caregivers and family will know what to expect after the chemo and transplant. Since the chemo will destroy most all of my cells, I'll be very immuno-compromised for quite awhile. They will return my stem cells shortly after the chemo ends, but it will take awhile for the cells to regenerate. From what I understand, I'll be weak and sick for awhile, but if things go as they have thus far, I will bounce back pretty quickly. I'm praying that my harvested stem cells are healthy and strong and will make lots more healthy and strong cells!

Thank you for your prayers.



5 comments:

X said...

Hi Kalona, praying for a good outcome and praying for your family.

Will someone be able to update us on your progress at all? I know that sounds completely selfish of me but I had to ask...

Kalona said...

Thank you, Angela.

I'll try to update from my iphone while I'm in the hospital, but if that doesn't work out, maybe Ron or Kelly can post updates for me. I think you are very sweet to ask!

X said...

I will check the blog while you are in hospital!

Anonymous said...

Prayers.

Kalona said...

Thank you for the prayers, dear parrot. :o)