Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Made up Daybook

I sort of made up my own little daybook.

Date:  January 16, 2013.  It's Wednesday.

Time and Weather:  It's 8:49 AM and it's 28 degrees outside.  Twenty-eight dang degrees!  

Clothes:  Blue jeans, an old red sweater of Josh's that swallows me up, black socks with white stripes.  I'm a fashion statement.  :o)

Food:  Cyrise and I made pork chop casserole for dinner last night.  I love using my new Cuisinart food processor to slice potatoes, shred cheese, etc.  I had some kind of organic cereal for breakfast.  I added lots of fresh berries and a sprinkle of my frozen lemon gratings.  Also put the lemon in my hot tea.  Yum.  Oh, and a Pillsbury cinnamon roll.  They smelled so good baking.  Tasted pretty good, too.

The House:  It's a wreck.  I'm going to focus on my bedroom, just making it look nice.  It's my retreat from the chaos of four little ones, and it should be peaceful and pretty.  Right now it has clothes to be put away, dishes on my dresser, toys, a dirty carpet.  

Sounds:  I can hear the little girls screaming while their mom gets them ready for a bath.  I don't understand all the screaming. 

Books:  Not reading anything right now.
  
Little Favorites:  My peach gummy vitamins.  I've always had trouble taking vitamins, but I found these and now taking vitamins is a treat.  They are Vitafusion Platinum 50+ (for people over 50). 

Arts and Crafts:  I have a little girl sweater blocked and ready to put together.  I dread the sewing it together part.  I only like the knitting part.

Music:
Love his voice!

 

A Memory:  The incredible aroma of flowers in Hawaii, wild orchids along the highway on the Big Island, the soft, misty rain while the sun was shining, guava chiffon cake, hula lessons (fun), poinsettia bushes blooming at Christmas time, the shadow of a gecko on a banana leaf outside my kitchen window, the bananas from that tree were little tiny things that were so delicious.  I miss Hawaii sometimes. 

Photography:  Nothing recent.

Thank you, God:  I am thankful to wake up each morning and enter into the life all around me.  Ron, Josh and Cyrise, the four grandchildren, the dogs, Sister and Katy.  Driving the kids to school, going to Mom's, picking the kids up.  My life is beginning to seem more normal again, and I am so thankful for that.  


No comments: