Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

We have had a busy few days.

Jason and family arrived Sunday around noon.  It has been so good to have them all here.  Reece and the girls are always so happy and excited when their cousins come to visit.  Me too!

We brought Great Gran over on Monday (New Year's Eve), just to hang out with all of us.  Ron and Jason got Freddie's hotdogs for the kids and Biff Buzby burgers for the adults (except for me; I didn't want fast food.  I had Cheerios with peaches).

After Mom ate, we went to get hair cuts.  Hers looks cute.  Mine looks a little manly.  Oh well, I didn't have much to work with, I guess.  My hair grows fast, so hopefully it will look a little more feminine in a couple of weeks.

Then we went to her old apartment complex to turn in her keys and gate card.  I hope I never see that place again.  After Mom moved out, a woman was going around the complex knocking on doors with her little girl, pretending to sell cookies.  When someone answered, she would ask if her little girl could use their bathroom.  Then she would go into the bathroom and close the door and proceed to steal whatever she could find.  The large walk-in closets are in the bathroom, rather than the bedroom, and people store all kinds of things in them.  If she was confronted, she would attack the elderly resident physically.  The good news is that she was caught at the complex.  She was on the nightly news, crying as they put her into a police car.  Her name is Tawanna Jackson and she is 24 years old.  What kind of world is this, where young people prey on the elderly?  And use their little child to do it.  It's sick.

We didn't stay up late last night to see the new year in.  All of us were too tired.  But we had a lovely New Year's Day.  There were seventeen of us here.  We had a spiral sliced ham with yummy glaze, scalloped potatoes, broccoli, Caesar salad, and dinner rolls.  Peach and blackberry cobblers for dessert, with ice cream.  I forgot about the black-eyed peas; I was going to make hoppin' John.

Kelly, Reece and I took Gran home around 8:30 PM.  She loved being here in the middle of all the chaos.  She loves the kids, and they love her.  Teddy stayed at the apartment and was wild with joy when we got there.  Kelly took him out right away, and then cleaned a couple of spots on the carpet before we came back home.  She's a sweetheart.

Now I am going to bed.  I pray that God will bless this new year, and all of you, as well.

No comments: