Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy May Day and Feast Day!

It was cloudy here this morning, but looks like the sun is coming out now. It's been in the 90s every day, and will be all this week.

My esperanza (yellow bells) is blooming. This is an old pic of it. See the bee in one of the flowers? I love the bright sunny color.

I made a lemon cake this morning, and that's what I had for lunch, with a cup of Earl Grey with agave nectar that Cyrise bought. It was delicious. (I had healthy oatmeal for breakfast, so I didn't feel bad about having cake for lunch). :o) It was a nice change from chocolate, white or yellow cake.

The girls got up so early this morning, so they went down for their nap a little earlier than usual. Both of them went right to sleep; guess they were tired.

Today is May Day, and also the feast day of St. Joseph the Worker. So many people in our country are unemployed. Here is a a prayer asking for St. Joseph's intercession:

Dear Saint Joseph, you were yourself once faced with the responsibility of providing the necessities of life for Jesus and Mary. Look down with fatherly compassion upon me in my anxiety over my present inability to support my family. Please help me to find gainful employment very soon, so that this heavy burden of concern will be lifted from my heart and that I am soon able to provide for those whom God has entrusted to my care. Help us to guard against bitterness and discouragement, so that we may emerge from this trial spiritually enriched and with even greater blessings from God. Amen.

No comments: