Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sunday Morning

I was so sick yesterday morning--chills, nausea, sore throat, itchy ears, weakness. I think it was a reaction to the Rituxan I had on Thursday. I felt better by late afternoon. Ron brought me fruit popsicles and I was able to keep them down.

It was Aubrey's birthday, and I didn't think I'd be able to go downstairs to see her blow out her candles and get her presents, but I felt better and was able to celebrate with her. She got a bicycle for her birthday, and was so excited. Pics later.

Our AC stopped working yesterday, so we've had the windows open and fans going. It's not bad right now--75 degrees--but supposed to get to 91. Ron is going to call the AC repair guy. Yeah, on a holiday weekend. :o(

I'll be back.

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Ouch! Nasty way to spend a holiday weekend. Now that you've been scrubbed clean, I would imagine that the chemo would have more of an effect, and not in a good way.

Good luck with the AC. We don't have it but 99.999% of the time we don't need it. It usually cools off at night and our house stays pretty cool. I close the blinds when the sun is high and do all the other little tricks to keep it cool.

Get well!

Kalona said...

Thanks, Adrienne. I'm working on it. :o) And you're right, the chemo is hard on my cancer free body.

The AC guy is supposed to be coming today. Wish it was cool enough here to go without it. Idaho sounds like paradise. I've never been there, but have heard that it is very beautiful.

Adrienne said...

North Idaho is next to heaven...

Southern Idaho - just ok...

Therese said...

so glad you were able to get down for Aubrey's cake and presents. Sorry you weren't well though.

Hope your air conditioner is fixed soon.