Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wednesday With Reece

Dang. After a couple of beautiful warm days we are back to cold, below freezing temps and gray clouds.

Smoothie for lunch yesterday: one banana, about a cup of frozen raspberries, some honey, and a splash of milk. I used my thrift store Waring bar blender to make it.

I finished up a UFO (unfinished object) yesterday--a scarf that I knitted at least two years ago using some novelty yarn. All that needed to be done was to bind off, block it, weave in the loose ends and add some fringe to each end. I started the scarf to teach our oldest granddaughter how to knit, but she lost interest quickly. Every now and then she asks if I finished the scarf. Now I can tell her that yes, I finally did!

Reece was here last night. He brings so much life and laughter into our lives. I really miss him when he's not here. He was being so zany at Gran's today, he had her laughing so hard. We came back to my house for lunch, then I took him home. I stayed with the children while their parents went to have their taxes done and do some grocery shopping. Gina wanted to be held most of the time I was there, but the other two girls were napping almost the entire time. They were happy to see me when they woke up. They are so sweet.

Ron got home before I did. When I got here, I picked up clutter in the family room, fed the dogs and then came upstairs where it is warmer to get online. Still enjoying the knitting. :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You finished it!I did learn (sort of) how to, from my cousin.I love you so much grandma!
Love Ahlyssa
(The oldest granddaughter) :)

Kalona said...

Yes, I wish I could teleport it to you to wear during this cold spell! I'll try to get it in the mail soon, though. I love you so much, too, Lys! (OGD--oldest granddaughter). :o)