Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thursday Chitchat

I was busy the past couple of days with my little buddy, Reece. He came over Tuesday afternoon and stayed until yesterday evening. I treasure the time spent with him.

We went to the library Tuesday evening. He played in the little play area while I looked for books to read to him. There were no other children there, so he had all the toys to himself. He didn't want to leave when I was finished, but wanted me to play with him. So I did. :o) On the way out he wanted to use the childrens computers, so we stopped and he watched a video of Green Eggs and Ham. The mouse was so cute--child sized.

He went with me into the adult side of the library. While I was looking on shelves, he was looking at the books on a cart. He found Fun Cakes by Ann Nichol. It had pictures of cute cakes on the cover. He brought the book to me and asked if we could get it, too. So we did.

He always wants to bake and I didn't feel like making something from scratch, so we stopped at the grocery store to get cookie dough. We found some valentine cookies that you just put on the cookie sheet and bake, so we got those. We ate some, and he took the rest home to his family.

The puppies are not liking this cold weather. When I put them outside, they are back at the door in one minute, wanting back in. I don't blame them. I'll be glad when it warms up again. We south Texans are not used to this kind of cold. The weatherman says we could get some snow tomorrow, but I'll believe it when I see it.

We've not been hit (yet) by the rolling blackouts going on all over Texas. The power companies are turning off the power for 45 minutes to an hour at a time in certain areas. Ron called me yesterday and said he had heard they were doing it to save power for the Superbowl in Dallas. I don't believe that; it's too ridiculous. But you hear all kinds of rumors.

Stay warm, wherever you are!

No comments: