Friday, February 11, 2011

February Friday Morning

Here's a pic of the Ahlyssa scarf before I send it on its way to her.

I think the yarn came from the dollar store, and it almost looks felted after blocking it. It has lots of little fuzzy strands and is very warm.

I added the fringe to dress it up a bit, and the beads just for fun.

I'm watching what is happening in Egypt, and wondering what will happen next now that Mubarak has handed over control to a "military panel."

Got an email from my sister in Wichita, Kansas this morning with a link to an article about how the low temperature records have been surpassed the past couple of days. They had -9 on February 9, and -17 on February 10. Crazy cold! I don't know why they don't move to Texas. It's been cold here, too, but nothing like that!

We are going to go back into the 60s and 70s for highs, starting this weekend. I'm looking forward to playing outside. Maybe we can finally get the playset finished!

I kept the car yesterday. I mailed 22 valentines to some sweet friends, and stopped for cinnamon sugar doughnuts from Shipleys. I made pork chop and potato casserole for supper last night. Ron really enjoyed it. :o) Me, too.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Shipleys? SHIPLEYS??? I haven't thought about Shipleys in about a hundred years. Used to love Shipleys when I lived in Houston.

Your scarf looks beautiful. Love the beads.

Kalona said...

Shipleys--best. doughnuts. ever. :o)

Glad you like the scarf, Adrienne. My granddaughter might still get some use out of it this winter--maybe. Oh well, there's always next winter.