Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thursday Chitchat

We had storms last night, with lots of thunder, lightning and wind. One of our patio umbrellas blew into the pool, wrought iron stand and all. When Sister and Katy went outside this morning they both stopped short when they saw something strange in the water. Their ears perked up and they turned their heads this way and that, wondering what on earth.... Then Sister barked at it. :o) It kept her out of the pool for awhile, but she loves the water too much to stay out for long.


(Internet photo of lightning).

Reece spent the night with me. We had a quiet evening (except for the storm). He enjoyed going to see Great-Gran this morning. I dropped him off at home around 1 PM. He had a dentist appointment today. Something in his mouth was hurting, and we thought he might need his spacer adjusted, but it turns out he had a couple of little sores on the inside of his lip, like cold sores. He didn't complain of pain when he was here, and was eating with no problem, so I hope they have begun to heal already.

I slept a lot this afternoon. I have a cold--runny nose and chest cough--but my doctor didn't seem to be concerned about it and said it won't delay the chemo unless it gets worse by Monday. I'm hoping it will be gone by then!

I had a grilled havarti cheese on oatmeal bread sandwich for supper, talked to Ron on the phone for a bit, and watched some TV while surfing the web. And now I'm going to bed and trying to decide which book to read until I fall asleep.

No comments: