Saturday, June 19, 2010

Feeling Grrrrreat!

Guess who spent the night. If you guessed Reece you are right! It was so good to have him here. We played and played, he went to the grocery store with Papa, we made cookies, and watched some videos. He talked, and talked, and talked. This morning when we woke up, he didn't want to get up. He wanted to stay in bed and talk some more. :o) So we did.

He went with me to Great-Gran's and was bouncing off the walls over there he was so wound up. Gran was delighted to see him so excited and happy.

I made her lunch while they played in her bedroom. Later when I went in there to get his toys, I saw that she had taken down her Hummel figurines and they were on the bed. Reece always wants to play with them, but is not allowed. But if I'm not around, he will talk her into getting them down.

I am so glad that I had the blood transfusion on Wednesday. It has made me feel so much better. I have energy again! I started feeling better by Wednesday evening, and felt good all day Thursday. I had to go back for more labs Friday morning. All my counts are up, and I should be feeling good for the next week. Then I have to go back for the fourth round of chemo. At least I get a week or so in between treatments when I feel like myself again.

I am so grateful for the prayers of all my family and friends, and for those I don't even know. There are church congregations, religious communities, and co-workers of family and friends praying for me. It gives me strength and hope to know that God is hearing all those prayers. You are all helping me get through this. Thank you so much!

3 comments:

aine said...

Aren't grandbabies wonderful? Tonight mine told me to sniff his armpits after his shower, he was very appreciative of the new soap, apparently! He knew grandma would humor him, and I did! Then a hug goodnight and he is snoring away.

I'm glad that you are feeling better.

Kalona said...

aine, that is so cute! It sounds like something Reece would say. And of course you obliged him by sniffing his armpits. :o) Maybe someday we can get our little guys together.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Sarah Oldham said...

You do have the cutest of cute grandkids!!!!

Glad you are feeling better! Many prayers for you!!!