Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...
Sunny, gorgeous day. Blue skies, fluffy clouds. We haven't reached 100° yet this year, but 90s are hot enough!

I am thankful...

that I don't feel sick and that the AC is repaired. The motor on the blower went out Sunday evening. Some nice young men came and replaced it Monday morning. Beaucoup $$$$.

I am wearing...
Dark blue denim capris, purple tee shirt, bare feet and bald head. :o)

I am remembering...
St. Peters and St. Charles, Missouri, 1981-1986.

I am going...
I've been to the airport this morning to drop Ron off. Next stop will be Mom's.

I am reading...

Theology And Sanity by Frank Sheed. I keep starting and stopping. This time I hope to finally finish it! It's a wonderful book.

On my mind...
missing my grandchildren in Houston, but happy that their daddy is coming for a visit next week. They always spend some time with us in the summer, and I'm hoping for more good weeks so that they can come for a week or so.

From the learning rooms...
I've been looking at some homeschool sites for kindergarten, and also looking into Handwriting Without Tears. This cancer has slowed our homeschool efforts to almost nothing since I don't see Reece as often now.

Pondering these words...
"Therefore a sacrament is a sign that commemorates what precedes it--Christ's Passion; demonstrates what is accomplished in us through Christ's Passion--grace; and prefigures what that Passion pledges to us--future glory." St. Thomas Aquinas

From the kitchen....
Josh and Cyrise have shared a pork tenderloin and kalbi ribs with us lately. It's so nice to a main dish already made, so all I have to do is add a starch and some veggies to make a complete meal. Thanks, sweeties!

This morning (and yesterday morning) I've had frozen waffles with a tiny bit of syrup and a lot of raspberries (frozen, also). Yum!

Around the house...
I'm going room to room and making lists of things that need to be done. Loooong list.

One of my favorite things...
Fireflies.

A picture to share...

I may have shared this picture before.

Sister and Kate, behind the gate.

They are so good about going to their yard. However, I'm able to leave them in the "big yard" longer now, because they aren't so destructive. And since it's been so hot, they spend quite a bit of time indoors, just snoozing in the coolness. :o)

As always, check out Peggy's daybook site to read more daybook entries.

No comments: