Saturday, April 26, 2008

Knitting for Baby














My new baby granddaughter is due June 20, so I only have a couple of months to knit a baby afghan for her. I bought a little book with 7 patterns, Leisure Arts Quick Knit Baby Afghans. The patterns are by Evelyn A. Clark, and all of them are so pretty.

The yarn I bought is lavender because I wanted to make #7 (the one in the center), but after looking at them for awhile, and reading through the patterns, I also really like #1 and #6. That's #6 in pink on the cover, and the yellow one is #1. They are all knitted with double yarn, one strand of white and one of colored yarn.

Ah, decisions, decisions. Which one would you pick? (Family, if you're reading, you don't have to have a blog to comment. You can comment anonymously).

2 comments:

JoAnnC. said...

They are ALL so beautiful! What an awesome talent you have, I don't have enough coordination to crochet! I love the simple design on blanket #1 - the yellow one. A family member crocheted one similar to that for one of my boys and he always put his fingers through the holes and sucked on them. The blanket acted like a sponge...gross, I know! That was one well loved blanket though!

Kalona said...

Thanks, JoAnn! I'm leaning toward the yellow one as well, but I'll use my lavender yarn.

I taught myself to knit before my first baby was born. I made him a tiny blue sweater and booties. My first grandson also wore the sweater, so I guess it's a family heirloom. :o)

I love the story about your son sucking on his fingers through the holes in his blanket. So cute! I hope the blanket I make for my granddaughter will also be well loved.