Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Ahlyssa

This is my oldest granddaughter, Lyssa. She will be nine years old in July, but she's only 5 (nearly 6) in this picture. She was ready for Mass, wearing her Easter dress and Easter bonnet.

Lyssa lives 3 hours away, so I don't see her as often as I'd like, but every summer she comes to spend a week with us.

She is very artistic. She likes to draw and "do crafts." Her favorite room at my house is my craft room. I think she is very talented and creative. I'm looking forward to seeing where her creativity takes her.

When she visits she enjoys going hiking with her Aunt Kelly, making cookies, trips to the zoo, the thrift store and the children's museum, and most of all, swimming in the pool and making crafty things. I'm already planning things to do when she is here this summer, and I can hardly wait!

I love you Lys, and I thank God for you.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

She is absolutely beautiful!!!

Kalona said...

Thank you, Adrienne. She's a sweetheart.