Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Home Improvement

I should have remembered this from when we had the pool put in. Contractors have their own sense of time, different from the rest of the world. :o) When we hired our painter, he said that it would take about a week and a half to do the necessary repairs to the house and paint it. It's been a week today, and they've only worked a couple of days and are nowhere near ready to paint.

He's a nice guy, but has trouble with his workers being unreliable. He also has other jobs needing his attention. I assured him that we trust him to do a good job and that a little delay doesn't worry us. So this morning he is here with his full crew and they are hammering all over the house. :o)

A different contractor, recommended by our insurance company, was hired to do the new front door. The door was finally delivered last Friday and is beautiful! But the carpenter who will install it won't be here "until the end of the week." They are aiming for Thursday, but I won't hold my breath.

I just keep thinking of how the house will look when everything is done, and that keeps my spirits up. I'm off to take a "before" picture and take the workers some coffee.

No comments: