Tuesday, April 15, 2008

He's Here!

Our dear Pope Benedict XVI arrived in America today. Please pray for his safety during his visit, and that he will touch the hearts of Americans, Catholic and non-Catholic.

The Pope has stated about his visit, "The intention behind my visit...is to reach out spiritually to all Catholics in the United States. At the same time, I earnestly hope that my presence among you will be seen as a fraternal gesture toward every ecclesial community, and a sign of friendship for members of other religious traditions and all men and women of good will."

He will be in Washington DC April 15-17, and in New York from April 18-20. I would love to be able to see him in person, but since that is not possible, I'll be watching EWTN's live, commercial-free coverage of his visit.

No comments: