Thursday, August 16, 2012

Seven

I can't believe how quickly time passes. Tomorrow is Friday, and it seems like it was just Monday. I guess having so many appointments this week made it seem to pass more quickly than usual.

1) I saw my radiation oncologist on Wednesday, just a follow-up visit. He was pleased with my progress. He will be leaving the Army in a few months, and I won't see him again. So when I left I gave him a big hug for making it possible for me to walk and not have to spend the rest of my days in a wheelchair. He gave the glory to God. I love that in a doctor. :o)

2) Today I was at the BMT clinic for a few hours. My labs were pretty good. HGB is still low and Dr. O is determined to find out why. I got some kind of shot in my tummy to help make red blood cells grow. (Forgot the name of it). I hope it works.

I was hoping to see Dr. B today, but he wasn't around. I have to go back in two weeks, so I'll probably see him then.

3)I had to stop for gas on the way home, so I stopped at Costco. It cost me $80 to fill up the truck! Then I went into the store to look around and bought some groceries. We had quiche lorraine and spinach and artichoke quiche, broccoli, and rosemary bread for dinner. I also got peaches, strawberries and raspberries. Costco always has such pretty fruit.

4) School starts here August 27, so Reece and Aubrey have a bit more than a week of summer vacation left. They are looking forward to going to school. Their parents have been shopping for supplies and clothes.

I plan to take the volunteer class so that I can help at school, or go on field trips with them this year.

5) Reece and I are sitting on the patio. It's still pretty warm, but there is a breeze blowing. Josh and Cyrise got me a bamboo wind chime the last time they were in Rockport, and I love the sound of it. I was listening to Alison Krauss on Pandora until Reece came out. Now he is playing Angry Birds on his Kindle. His favorite game lately has been Ice Age Village. He likes building his own village. :o)

6) Looking forward to Friday, with no appointments to keep. (I do need to go back over to the hospital to pick up some prescriptions. I walked out of there today and totally forgot about them).

7) Please pray for the soul of my email friend, Mike Klemko, who passed away yesterday. His daughter emailed me to let me know last night (her comment is on the last post). Mike also had mantle cell lymphoma. He was a kind and courageous man. Thank you for your prayers for him.

(Photo of peaches from Costco.com).

No comments: